Get Ready to Scramble!

Friday 10 August 2012

Diary entry by Wynniekins Cutthroat, level 75 Burglar, Gilrain


Dear Diary,

I'm thoroughly enjoying myself right now. The Faire is absolutely grand, though at nighttime, I always feel a bit...full. I hope I'm not turning into a glutton like the Mayor. That would be bad as I'm already looking forward to more adventuring. But for now, I'm still in the Shire, and Diary, I'm loving it.

I have also spoken to Little Miss Lazy, also known as Petunia Hornblower, and she is just... It's seriously unbelievable! I know laziness is an old Hobbit tradition, but she is taking it way too far! So initially she just wanted me to gather bait for her fishing extravaganza. Okay, fine, I can do that. Off I went, got some worms, and back I went to get my Farmers Faire Tokens... But no...

Suddenly she doesn't know how to hook the bait, tuh! And then she got all grossed out and asked me to do her fishing for her! The gall! So of course I went and did her fishing only to be degraded to delivery hobbit. Off to Hobbiton I went to meet Hal Hornblower. He said she was about the neediest person in the Shire and advised me to put my foot down. No more errands! And lo and behold, it worked. Petunia grumbled, but still handed over the Tokens. I will never talk to her again!

After I was done huffing and puffing, I decided to head to Sandson's Farm once more. And I have to say that chasing chicken around after Petunia chased me around...it felt really nice. I stayed there for an hour or two, enjoying the fun game of Egg Scramble, until I was told, politely, that I should stop frightening the living daylight out of the chicken. And that I should stop stealing the Festive Eggs. Whatever.


I was very rich in Faire Tokens upon my return to Bywater and decided to go shopping. The seamstresses have created the cutest outfit to match the Farmers Faire Steed, and I think I went a bit overboard with my shopping spree. But no matter. I'm a hobbit of good taste and good taste rarely is cheap.


Unfortunately, the Faire is only running until next Monday but luckily Ithil said it wouldn't be long until the Summer Festival. So yay for that!

In other, more boring news, Gilerian finally hit the big 75 and managed to somehow get people to take her to Isengard. So now she's the proud owner of a full Armour of the Iordúr set. No idea what that is, but she's happy. Of course now she's moaning that she has to run around all over the place to do deeds for virtues. Deeds I understand. But she completely lost me when she mentioned virtues. What are those? She just patted my head and wandered off. How dare she!

And the evil Sith sent a message that she is now 33 and still on Alderaan. Slacking much? Of course I'd never say that to her face...purple lightning and all that. But really, she is a bit...slow...

Right, I just smelled some freshly made pies, so I better run. Take care, Diary. Enjoy the last Faire days and I shall see you at the Summer Festival.


Wynniekins Cutthroat, signing off.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

/bow
priceless. :)
Would have been fun to push Petunia in the water! I couldn't get her to even get near the bank though. Laziest hobbit ever.

Wynnie said...

Yeah, she just wouldn't move out of that little booth thingie... Lazy person!

Post a Comment