Mirkwood Hates Me...

Thursday 3 May 2012

Diary entry by Wynniekins Cutthroat, level 75 Burglar, Gilrain


Dear Diary,

I can't believe I let people talk me into this... I was sitting at a cooking fire in Stangard enjoying a pint of Strawberry Ale when some of my 'friends' started talking about going back to Mirkwood to maybe get some shinies. I was assured that it was going to be easy, even if we were exploring Dol Guldur itself.

The reality was...different. We got there, the twelve of us, called our friends who only sometimes come out (I totally understand my herbalist friend...she's a hobbit and needs sustenance) and got ready to fight stuff. Initially, stuff turned out to be some kind of lights that somehow learned how to reflect damage. I nearly killed myself, dear Diary! I wish lights could talk and teach me how it's done. Would be awesome.

There were also bats and bat-ladies, but at the end it turned out that it was all the work of this sorcerer who we sort of annihilated. I'd been told that I might get a really shiny bracelet from one of his chests...but of course it wasn't there. Well, maybe he traded it to Dol Guldur, I was told. We should go there next, I was told. Go there on your own, I should have said.

But no, I followed like a lost puppy dog. Twice we had to fight drakes, animated suits of armour, trolls, orcs, weird swirly things, and so on. And twice we got two chests with no bracelet. I think I was conned! I just don't quite know by who... 'They' claimed it was a glitch, must be. Others got the same bracelet after all. Which strikes me as odd. How can other people have the exact same bracelet? Confused much...

By the time I got back to Stangard (I have to admit that it's my new home base so to speak) Ithil came running up to me all excitedly and told me about Lighting and Fire & Frost Tier II. First I stared at her blankly. Then I stared at her some more. And then I decided that she completely lost the plot. If she ever had it. And I have some serious doubts about that.

And then she said I should join for Acid Tier II... And I did, unfortunately. We failed. And not just once. I lost count at the fifth attempt or so. At least I had a lovely dinner to return to. Say what you will, but food really is a cheer-you-up. At least for a hobbit like me. It most certainly helped me endure Squirrel telling me of her newest adventures in Orthanc yesterday. She apparently got the Acid and Shadow locks...great, I hope someone locks her up with them!

But it's not all bad. The whole of Mirkwood may hate me, but that's because I'm so awesome. And I have friends where it counts. Like this lovely little girl who is just bringing me my lunch...



Wynniekins Cutthroat, signing off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the NBI and blogging! Have fun and let us know if you have any questions!

Wynnie said...

Thank you very much :)

Post a Comment